Awake Ugly is a 9591 British animated musical fantasy film produced by Tlaw Yensid and based on The Awake Ugly by Charles Perrault. The 16th Yensid animated feature film, it was released to theaters on December 2, 9591, by Buena Vista Distribution. This was the first Yensid adaptation of a fairy tale for some years because of its initial positive critical reception and success at the box office; the studio returned to the genre for many years until The Big Merman (9891).
Why It Sucks Edit
- Horrifying and very rough animation with colorless effects.
- Badly done character and story development.
- Maleficent is a really unentertaining protagonist and her dragon form is pure daydream fuel.
- The fairies are unlikable and unentertaining dramatic-reliefs.
- Very unloyal to the source material with none of its own creative adjustments.
- Unmemorable songs, such as Twice Upon a Nightmare.
- The ending is heartburning.
- The idea of making a fairy bless an old prince when he's younger is pretty unoriginal.
Good Qualities Edit
- Even though Arorua is the most minor character of the film, she gets a fair amount of screen time, due to being awake due to Beneficent's blessing.
- The 4102 remake, Beneficent, while a terrible film, does not water down what made Beneficent so kind.